Saturday, March 1, 2008

Another Sunny Saturday!

Beautiful day today -- in the high 70's. Jim and I worked in the yard, got my Angel Trumpet and Rosemary bushes planted. He also made stakes for my 2 birdhouses and "planted" them in my flower bed in the front of the house (they're for "looks" not functionality!). He also put up a motion sensing dual floodlight over his well-house door. Now whenever someone drives up the driveway at night, the lights will come on.

After this, we came into the house and he put rope lights up above my kitchen cabinets. He attempted to put a motion sensor lightswitch in my pantry (light comes on when the door opens), but the electricians who wired our house used the same color wiring (black) for everything. So rather than guess which ones are hot and cold, he left it alone.

The next thing we did was put the new air mattresses into our bed's foundation. I had a "blowout" last weekend -- one of the chamber's seal ruptured and I've been sleeping on a HUGE HILL under my hips! I've awakened every morning with an aching back and my right hip is painful (I sleep on that side). But, tonight I'll get a GREAT NIGHT's SLEEP!!

We bought 2 end tables for the living room and 2 new lamps. I also ordered and received a slipcover for my wingback chair from Sure-Fit. I love the look, but not the color. They're sending me swatches so I can find the color I like.

Our neighbor is a carpenter/furniture maker (as a hobby), so this morning Jim and I took my coffee table over to his house for him to sand and stain darker. It's pine and way too light with my dark wood floors -- they "fight" each other.

The dining table and chairs that I ordered from the Amish should be coming soon. I can't wait for that. I had listed several furniture pieces on Craigslist website. I sold all but one: my sister-in-law bought the roll top desk, my neighbor bought the antique cradle, and the clerk at the RV resort (where we like to camp) bought the dining table and chairs (picking up on Thursday ). The only one I didn't sell was my daughter's cradle and I've decided to keep that. I've pretty much got the house "cleaned out" and "cleaned up."

No comments: