Jim and I (Jan. 26th, 2009)I keep thinking about our cruise -- a month ago we were spending our last night aboard the ship! It was SO much fun. I'm ready to go somewhere again! Wanderlust is my middle name I think.
Jim in Roatan, Honduras (Jan. 28th) -- such a beautiful island, too.The Boomers group:
DiGiovannis and Hartleys at the Captain's Welcome Back cocktail party (Jan. 26th)
The Shodrocks in Costa Maya, Mexico -- ask him about his Anejo tequila when you see him!! WARNING: he'll start crying!
The LaPoints (Jan. 26th)
The Hewletts (Jan. 26th)
The "Juliets" looking for our "Romeos"!!And finally -- our entire cruise group (less one couple who left earlier):
I would love to repeat a cruise with this great bunch of people next year.
Everyone was wonderful and a delight to work with. The last night onboard during dinner, I was sent a dozen pink roses and a bottle of wine from 2 of our couples!! Whoo-hoo! That was the ultimate "thank you"!
~~~~~~~~
I've been at J-Me's for 2.5 weeks now babysitting. Their babysitter had her baby 2 weeks ago (a little boy). JC has been sick for almost 4 weeks now -- temperature, some diarrhea, sneezing, congested chest and nose, and a horrible cough. Everything's fine now except the cough has stubbornly hung on. She sure hated the "booger sucker" coming at her!
Then J-Me got sick -- she thinks she had the flu (it was very short-lived). And Jim got sick -- began with sneezing, a temp, chest and nasal congestion -- exact symptoms as JC's. He's been trying to get over it for 2 weeks now, too. JR-son and I haven't been "blessed" yet -- and I pray that we're not!
During the first week at their house, I apparently turned, twisted, lifted, or did something, incorrectly -- I don't remember ever experiencing pain like I've had for the past week. I think picking JC up or putting her down from a standing position to the floor may have spurred this pain on (my fault). I didn't sleep well either because it hurt to move; no position was comfortable (and I missed my own bed and pillow). J-Me took pity on me Thursday and contacted her friend's mother. Beginning this next week, this woman will come to their house and keep the baby during the day. She and I will alternate weeks. So, I have this week "off." This way, I'll be able to get things accomplished at my house that I can't do on the weekends.
An-G and I went to our Ladies Luncheon on Friday and took JC with us. We showed her off! All the ladies couldn't get over how beautiful she is and how good she was at the restaurant. She is a precious child for sure! We all love her so very, very much.

No comments:
Post a Comment