Tom & Jean came to visit. Tom & Jim played golf, and Jean had to tolerate me on the phone making 3 cruise bookings. We finally got away & met the guys for lunch at CHSausage. Later she and I went to WalMart & Palais Royal for a little shopping!
Jim and I attended my 40th high school reunion over the weekend.
+007.jpg)
It was a fantastic two days. Everyone's changed (of course)...makes me feel good to know I'm "normal" with my looks (if that makes any sense). People came from Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Italy for this. I was amazed that quite a few classmates live in our county and general area. It was so nice to get reacquainted with classmates I haven't seen in more than 15 years...some I haven't seen since 1969 when we graduated. I truly don't know why I haven't attended a reunion since 1994. I don't remember receiving any news of those reunions. Or it might have been that I have never kept in touch with classmates and felt I wouldn't know anyone there. Sad & not a very good excuse. I've already had a classmate contact me about a reunion cruise in the future. That would be an awesome reunion!
+024.jpg)
We leave this Saturday morning for Venice, Italy. Then on to Florence and Rome (via train!). On the 15th, we'll embark on the Celebrity Solstice for a 10-day cruise of the Eastern Mediterranean (more of Italy, Sicily, Greece, & Turkey). I've sarted packing...but Jim hasn't. He's going fishing in the morning with John, J-Me's father-in-law. I guess he'll wait until Friday. Gotta' keep those priorities straight, you know: golfing today, fishing tomorrow, packing the following day, and departing the U.S. for 2.5 weeks the next.
Please keep us in your prayers for a safe & uneventful trip. (We return late night of Memorial Day.)
Love & hugs to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment