Wow! What milestones she's made the last 2-3 days. She's started sleeping 6-7 hours a night for the last two nights! Taking 4 ounces of formula, too. Staying awake more during the day and so alert. She watches you when you talk to her and then her little mouth starts moving and forming an "O" like she's trying to figure out how to make "words" or sounds. It won't be long now!
She's such a good baby. Not a lot of fussing. She's easily pacified and responds quickly to whoever comforts her.
I've had the honor of taking care of her for the past few weeks. I've stayed with J&J one night a week (while J-Me goes into work) until this week when I stayed 2 nights (mandatory meetings for J-Me). Then Jim and I drove to Dallas and stayed with them at their hotel while they exhibited their wares at Market. I did "night duty" -- but for the last 2 nights, didn't have to do anything except sleep!
I hope our baby girl keeps her days and nights straight and sleeps soundly at night. That'll give her mommy and daddy some needed rest!
While in Big D, we saw our good friends, Lynne and Scott, and Lynne's daughter Stephanie who is our godchild. We met Steph's fiancee, Mario -- a wonderful guy (he's an attorney). We'll be going back in June for their wedding. Lynne & Scott took us to a Spanish Tapas restaurant for dinner last night to celebrate their 22nd wedding anniversary. Eating this type of food was new for us, and we really enjoyed it. Lynne ordered a bottle of wine that the waiter suggested...we drank that, then Jim ordered a second bottle....when we got the bill, these 2 bottles of wine were $35 EACH!!! OUCH!! That's what we get for NOT asking prices!!
Dallas is beautiful. We got to see Uptown up close (where Steph & Mario live), and it's an awesome area (almost in downtown Big D). There are SO many restaurants, beautiful homes, apartments, townhomes, condos there -- and SO clean. It's been refurbished and revitalized; a very, very young, urban and upscale area now. Too bad H-Town doesn't take note and replicate this idea. The Heights is about as close as it gets -- and I'm not sure that says too much.
Jim & I leave for New Braunfels on Weds. We'll stay with our friends, Ann & Gary. Then on Thursday, the 3 of us will leave their house (Gary had to cancel his portion of the trip -- work wouldn't give him his requested vacation time. Bummer!) and drive to Austin to fly to Cancun. This is a business trip for Ann and me. We'll inspect 3 hotels while there in Maroma Beach (30 miles south of Cancun/15 miles north of Playa del Carmen). I'm hoping to get our driver to take us to one of their hotels in Cancun -- where another friend is staying this week. I haven't seen her since our Alaskan cruise in May.
I'll post photos when I return on Aug. 26th.
Ciao for now!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment