It's official! I received an invitation from Celebrity Cruise Lines to be one of 5 agents selected throughout the US to go on a 16-day Eastern European Cruise Tour!!
I'm so excited and so is Jim. We leave May 9th, and arrive in Venice, Italy on the 10th. After spending 2 days sightseeing there, we'll go to Florence for 2 days of sightseeing, and then go by train to Rome for 2 days before embarking on the 11-day cruise. It will take us to Santorini and Mykonos, Greece; 2 days in Istanbul, then to Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey; Athens, Greece; Naples/Capri, Italy; back to Rome and our flight home.
Our 35th anniversary will be May 4th, so this is our present and a wonderful once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
I have a little heartbreak though...Jim and I were supposed to keep JC while her mommy & daddy and other grandparents go to Wyoming for Elkfest -- and it just happens to be during our cruise tour (smack in the middle!). I was looking forward to keeping her for 5 days. But J-Me is understanding and flexible. I called the airline & they said JC will fly free (lap child) and all her paraphenalia will be free, too (Pack-n-Play, stroller, carseat)! The condo said there's no charge for her. But the car rental said it's $7/day to rent a carseat (if they don't take theirs). However, the family might want to consider a larger SUV if they're taking all the baby stuff. All-in-all, everything's worked out really well with them having to take her along. Phew!!
This is my last week babysitting JC. Her babysitter will be back from maternity leave next Monday. I know J-Me and J-R-son will be happy to have JC back with familiar faces. She's so much fun to have around. She laughs at everything I do -- she's so easy to please and happy. She's not demanding (her mommy was though!). I sure hope she stays that way throughout her lifetime.
Last Friday night, our good friends Donna and Ted met us at the K of C hall in Hempstead for fried catfish dinner. We brought An-G with us (John was out of town). Later, An-G's brother & his wife, Doug and his family came. Donna was able to finally put names with faces after all these years. When we finished the all-you-can-eat dinner, we went to An-G's house for awhile, then to our house to visit. We sure enjoyed the evening with them.
I have my high school reunion May 1-2. Our class has a website which is really awesome. I've been able to get in touch with people I haven't seen or spoken to in decades! It's amazing how everyone's lives have changed (career choices, spousal choices, children, grandchildren). It's been a lot of fun chatting online with them. I can't wait to see them that weekend.
Oh-oh!! Somebody just woke up from her 30-minute power nap. She's just smiling at me and playing with her stuffed zebra (trying to figure out how to get the tail in her mouth)...guess I'd better see if she won't take a longer nap. Nani's tired & needs a nap!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment