Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wonderful Easter



We had a wonderful "first" Easter with our baby girl. There were probably 30-35 people at her other grandparent's house, and even with all the commotion & everyone holding her, she was her usual good-natured self. We've been so blessed with her. I thank God every night for His hand in this.

We kept her all night Friday night at our house -- her first night without her mommy & daddy. She did great...until Pawpaw coughed in the middle of the night (actually about 5:30 a.m.) and woke her up! I then put her in bed with us, and she slept about 2-3 more hours, but very fitfully. I got smacked in the face with a little hand MANY times during those last few hours of sleep (can't really call it that though...we'd have been better off just calling it quits and getting up!).
Her mommy & daddy came about 1 p.m. to pick her up. Mommy was a bit emotional when she saw her. (We'll be keeping her in about 12-days again for 2 nights/3 days while they're doing a show in Lufkin.)

What tickled us most was her discovery of "the pillow". Jim had been on the floor playing with her and he asked me to get a pillow off the bed because his neck was hurting. JC LOVED that pillow! She crawled over it, rolled on it, hugged it, bounced her head on it, buried her face in it, all the while gigglng and laughing at having so much fun.

She also loves for Zoe (our Imperial Shih Tzu) to bring her dog toys to her. Zoe wants to play... but Cali (the cat) -- THAT's another story. Cali is apparently jealous. Cali usually sleeps in our room either in bed with us or somewhere in the room. But we had the Pack-n-Play bed for the baby in our room that night. Later on, I saw Cali on my kitchen countertop. That's a major "no-no" and I hollared at her to get down (she did). Then about 20 minutes later, I heard this ruckus from the corner cabinets, and that crazy cat had jumped up ON TOP of my upper kitchen cabinets!! I was mortified! I started hollaring at her to get down, all the while she was meowing and trying to figure out how to get down. When she did, I swatted at her with a dishtowel telling her "no". She went under the kitchen table then hissed at me! She's NEVER done that! Then Saturday morning, I didn't shut the door from the house into the garage very good, and the next thing I know, Cali's under my car. She's NEVER wandered into the garage before. She was really "acting out" this weekend. But once the baby left, she's been just fine -- 'cause now she has me all to herself again. I'll have to continue to show her attention & affection when the baby comes back in a week-and-a-half.

I hope everyone had a blessed & wonderful Easter. Ours definitely was.
God Bless!

No comments: