J-Me and I went to Wal*Mart and bought JC a pool...she tried it out at Nani and Pawpaw's house. We'll keep it here until the day of her birthday party, then it will go to Mimi and Granddad's house for the little kids at the party to play in.
The first birthday bash is underway. J-Me came up last week and printed the invitations. I helped put the ribbon on them and stuff envelopes. (Donna, even though you and Ted are gone, you've got an invitation coming.)
Our baby girl has 4 teeth now and getting "a mouthful" according to Pawpaw...I guess he looked! She's growing up quickly now. When I look back at her baby pictures, it just doesn't seem possible that she's this big now -- weighs 21 lbs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
We went to Ann & Gary's last Friday for the weekend. The guys played golf and Ann and I baked a "practice" cake and decorated it: I'm baking JC's birthday cake and I don't want to disappoint or embarrass anyone (myself included). We made marshmallow fondant for the first time ever -- tasted really good. I need to get this down to a fine art though before next month! The cake tasted wonderful (I used my "old" recipe from back in the 80's when I did cake decorating.)
On Saturday evening, we drove to Austin to go to The Oasis for dinner. There must have been close to 400 people there! It was mind-boggling! But amazingly, we walked in and were seated immediately, even though there were probably 60 people waiting outside. We ate on one of the terraces. Beautiful view of Lake Travis.
And Jim's dinner was to die for! He had talapia with grilled shrimp over it with a mango sauce over all of it. Mmmmmmm! I don't even care for fish, but would definitely order this if we ever go back.
After dinner, we drove around the perimeter of the lake and looked at all the gorgeous and VERY expensive homes... and wondered what these people do for a living or how they got their money to be able to afford this luxurious lifestyle.
Must be some kind of wonderful life.
But I'll keep mine just fine, thank you!

No comments:
Post a Comment