Saturday, July 19, 2008

Our granddaughter has arrived!!

I know this comes as a surprise to everyone.

J&J were chosen in June as adoptive parents. They told only the immediate family on Father's Day. They asked us not to tell anyone until they brought the baby home. We honored their wishes.

She's a beautiful baby and looks so much like J-son, it's really amazing and uncanny! If one didn't know better, you'd think he was the birthfather. Our baby girl even has a dimple in the middle of her chin! She's absolutely precious and so good. She fussed a little because of a wet and poopy diaper...her Pawpaw changed her! He was the first to change J-Me's diaper when she came home from the hospital, too. He's so proud of this!

For privacy reasons, I'm not putting photos of her on this blogsight.
I've learned that these become "permanent" on the Internet, and are very difficult to remove (especially for novices like me).

Those of you who know me probably have already received my email with 14 photos!!

We are very blessed, and thank God that our birthmother had the courage to go through with her decision. We'll never know how difficult this was for her, and can only imagine the heartache and heartbreak she's experiencing. But I hope God will give her comfort and that she knows her baby girl is with two people who love her with all their hearts for the rest of their lives. Not to mention us, too -- her very own Nani and Pawpaw!!

No comments: